John was in the Saber Arch (an Air Force tradition) at his friend Jason's wedding in St. Martin, CA. The venue was at a beautiful winery. It was one of the prettiest weddings I've been to, and Jen was a gorgeous bride.
We had a little trouble getting there on time...long story, but basically John's friend was supposed to give him the rank to put on the shoulder of his uniform, but was still looking for it when we stopped by to get it on the way to the wedding. After looking for half an hour and still not finding it, we had to drive half an hour back to base to buy it, which made us late. John was pretty stressed, so I took over the driver's seat and sped my way down I-80. I'm surprised I didn't get a ticket. John was the head of the arch, so he had to talk to the other guys on the phone to give them instructions on what to do. I made up 10 minutes by speeding (plug your ears, Mom), and we got there right before the vows. The Saber Arch wasn't until the end of the wedding, so we made it just in time. If we had been 10 minutes later, he would have missed it! We were stressed the whole way there (2 hours), but once we got there, everything went well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment