I was also in a bit of a funk last week because a) John was gone, b) It rained all week, c) we had ants for the third time, d) This place doesn't feel quite like home, e) I was completely unmotivated to get any projects done, f)I'm not working...thus, I was really lazy which doesn't help my mindset. I did babysit for a girl in Bible study on Valentine's Day (doesn't it always help take the focus off of us when we serve other people?) and hung out with my friend from Bible study a couple times, which helped. There was an Air Force spouse social in which six people attended and we basically talked about food and recipes the whole time because we were hungry. Side note...I always meal plan for the week, but I finally started getting the Sunday paper with the ads, so I have been able to clip some coupons and cut our grocery bill quite a bit. It is so fun to get a good deal or something for free.
I like to put pictures on each post, just to add some visual interest, so here are some random pictures of my first cake. I usually make the boxed mixes, and like them, but I found a chocolate cake recipe that was good. I made this before my Palm Springs trip, which I still need to post about. Maybe this will be motivation for you to go make a cake! Although, I will say that John likes cupcakes more, so that's what I will do next time I get the cake bug.



No comments:
Post a Comment