Friday, March 11, 2011

Recovering

Had my hip surgery last Thursday...everything went well. Thanks to all of you who prayed. God blessed me with a great surgeon, and he was so helpful along the way. The surgery was about three hours, but they did a block on my leg (to numb it) that crossed over to my other leg, so I had to lay there in recovery until the numbness in my good leg was gone before I left. I didn't end up getting home until around 7:00 that night, and I had to be at the hospital at 7:30 that morning, so it was a long day. John's been taking good care of me. He had through Wednesday off after the surgery, but he also had a lot of homework to get done, so we didn't actually get to spend a lot of time together. I was really thankful he was so sweet though. Things have been a little harder since he went back to work. The days are so long because I'm pretty much confined to the couch. I can drive now, so if I have to get out, I can. I've had a bunch of various doctor/chiropractor appointments this week. It's just hard getting around anywhere on my crutches for too long because they hurt my armpits, and it's hard to carry stuff. The last couple days have been especially emotionally hard because I've felt so isolated here...really missing my family and wishing they could be here to help and feeling alone since I don't have a lot of friends here yet...or much of a life so far. John's been working long hours this week, so I've had to do everything on my own, and it just gets discouraging. I get worn out easily. Sigh. John got a call during the night to go to Japan, but as of now, he's not going yet. I hope he can stay here until Tuesday when I fly to WA for a week to be in a wedding. I'm excited to see my family!

Here's me in my usual spot. I like to call this one "Shhh...just go."
At first I really didn't want to rock this motorized cart, and I got A LOT of looks, but I really needed to get out of the house.
My cat is such a lover!! Which is good because I eat it up, but I cannot tell you how much hair is on our floor and couch right now! Seriously driving me nuts!

2 comments:

  1. Love that u are rocking the motorized cart. Good for u! So glad u get to go home soon. I can definitely relate to feeling isolated. No fun at all!!

    ReplyDelete