Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Life

Life Update

1. California: I'm definitely liking this state a lot more than I thought I would, but that probably has a lot to do with the fact that I live in northern California. Nothing against southern, but northern seems more like home. The sun shines a lot more freely down here (western Washingtonians are understandably jealous), which makes a big difference in my mood. I cannot wait for summer. Cannot.

2. Church: We finally picked a church - it's the one that we have been going to the most, and after trying several others, decided to take the plunge. We (John was only able to go to half of them because of work) attended a four week class there (Connect) that is required in order to serve at the church. We're hoping to get plugged in soon. The church is called The Father's House and the more I go, the more I like it. I feel like their teachings on everything are so legit and the worship is great. Pretty much the best of both worlds if you know what I'm saying. Which is a good feeling when you are looking for a new church. It's 4000+ people which is why I was hesitant about it at first. There's nothing wrong with big churches; I just wanted something smaller this time. I think it will feel more like home when we get involved.

3. Job: I am interviewing for a job tomorrow on base. For those of you who know me, you know I hate speaking in front of people. I especially hate trying to sell myself to someone who doesn't know me, and I wish that people just knew me and my character. The job is an "Office Automation Clerk for Youth Programs" and yeah, that job title is as cryptic to me as it is to you. Even from an HR perspective, I think that job descriptions are so off from what you actually do in the job. They always make them sound harder and more complicated than they are. I'm hoping that's the case in this one. I'll keep you posted. It has been a big application process, so I'm looking forward to it being over.

4. Bible study: It's been a good Beth Moore study, and last week was the end of it, so now we're starting "The Power of Praying Woman" study by Stormie Omartian. I love her books, so I'm excited about it. I feel like I'm getting to know my Bible study girls a little better as the weeks go by, and there are two girls I hang out with outside of it. I just have to remember that making friends in a new city just takes time. Sigh...

5. Couponing: I've really been getting into couponing, although I'm still learning how to get the best deals. It's kind of addicting/a rush of adrenaline when you get something free. It is fun to save money on everyday items!!

6. Surgery: My hip surgery is this Thursday, the 3rd. I was just so excited to finally be getting it done that I wasn't nervous, but now that it's getting closer, I'm a little nervous. Mostly because I don't know what to expect. The last time I was under anesthesia (college: wisdom teeth), I started crying (I guess because I felt so out of it) when I was getting into the car after the "surgery." Yikes. I hope that doesn't happen this time around. I'm also nervous about having to lay on the couch afterward for days. I'm not sure how long recovery time is, but I have to be on crutches for 2-4 weeks. Oh boy. John took a week off from work so he can help me, which I'm relieved about.

That about wraps it up. Praying like a fool this week with all that's going on. Your prayers are appreciated, too!

1 comment:

  1. Hope that your surgery went well! I know you have been waiting for that to happen for a while now.

    I'm doing a beth moore study right now too. It's the first time I have done a beth moore bible study and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete