I've had a hard time filling this alcove, and I wasn't liking the green vase in it. I changed it all up, and this is what I have so far. I'd like to get some material to cover the surface of the basket with so there's not so much brown on brown.


I got some burlap and a wooden W to make this frame. And yes, I think the W should be turned around. But it's done, and I'm not tearing it off!
What if you tried hanging decorative somethings on the walls in the alcove? (For a visual, see Sarah's -thriftydecorchick blog- mantel. It comes to a point like your alcove's) It would add a height balance to the pretty things you already have in there. Or maybe something like a large pitcher with a POP of color (turquoise comes to mind and would be pretty with all of the brown shades)?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm glad you're blogging again! My Reader missed you! :)