Wednesday, August 25, 2010

California

We moved to California (said in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice by my husband pretty much daily) August 1st. John got stationed at Travis Air Force Base for 4-5 years. So we are renting a place in Vacaville now. It's so different renting a house after owning one (we owned in Washington after we got married). After checking the house with a fine toothed comb, we realized it was never going to live up to our expectations. Our first new house ruined us! I never thought I'd live in California, but I actually like the northern part of it a lot more than I thought. The weather is hard to beat. Even at sunny 105 degrees yesterday, I was basking in it's glory at the pool. The AC in our house doesn't hurt either. The past month has been pretty crazy (well, actually the past 3 months), but more on that later.

So my parents are coming to visit tomorrow! I just barely finished unpacking our house today in time for their arrival. We've only been in the house 10 days, so it won't be perfect when they come (everything still needs to be organized and pictures hung), but I'm trying to get a few odds and ends done today. I found my crock pot still sitting in the sink after 3 days of a soaking/scrubbing process after burning chicken in it earlier this week. Three SOS pads later, I finally got the burnt liquid off the bottom. Next on the list is figuring out how to clean fake (I believe the correct word is "laminate") hardwoods. My decorating skills feel seriously lacking right now, so I'm hoping my mom will be able to give me the creative boost I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment